Monday, January 31, 2011

 January 31
I have learned how to make coffee on the stove. It is strong with some grains and “syrup” left in the bottom of the cup...yum! If I don't make it...Blake has left me a cup every morning to heat up! I love my morning coffee!!

We went out to eat at the Family Restaurant for lunch. Eating lunch out is pretty cheap and easier than eating at home. There isn't your “typical” lunch things available in Ethiopia. No real lunch meat,etc.!

After lunch we were dropped off to see the boys. We were dropped off early to see the boys and D had not went down for his nap yet. YAY! When they told him Mommy was here he came running from the back of the room and laughed and jumped into my arms. Does a mom good :) Lauren took him to the Merry Go Round and he was so tired. He wanted me right there when she pushed him around (she set on his seat with him)...he slowly started to drift off to sleep. It was so cute.
We had Corbin watch him for a few minutes while Lauren and I went down to get G at the other Thome. We picked him up and walked him back up to the main THome. When we got there he started playing his leapster and Lauren and I took D back to the Merry Go Round. He did finally drift off and I picked him up and he layed on my shoulder and fell asleep...precious. I love that he feels comfortable with me and can fall asleep in my arms. We took him to the couch and layed him down. He was out!

Later the Embassy group showed up to get their kiddos...it was nice having them there. It got a bit wild with them and when the older kids showed up for their school/play time. It's always chaos when they come :) I enjoyed having “friends” to hang with!!!
G is still having problems with pouting if we put his game away. Today it was all about pouting because Corbin & Lauren had their games and he wanted theirs instead of his. Oh, the drama. He's just going to have to learn. He even sat on the step with his friends and spoke in Amharic and the only word I could understand in his grumbly voice was...”Mommy”. LOL!!! I think he was letting his friends know what he thought of my decision.

D did good today when I had to give him back to the Nannies. G did better when I sent him back to his Thome with his friends instead of walking him down. He didn't get so sad.

Lauren had such a hard time today with missing dad...lots of tears...siggh. I miss him too.




January 30

Today Corbin is not feeling great. He has had a sore throat and it continues this morning. We are staying home from church :(

Our time at home was good. We lounged in bed and just relaxed all day. Blake and Meagan didn't get home until after 2:30. We watched a lot of movies and just hung out together. I can't wait to go see the boys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment