Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1

While a major snow/ice storm is brewing back home...we are headed to the Sheraton to swim.
WOW! The pool is like a true resort pool. What a great day. We ate at “Lucy's”...Lauren's favorite place and then went for 4 hours to the pool. Truly a GREAT relaxing day. It made me feel like I was anywhere but center city Ethiopia...next to the slums.
Very interesting...the Government here put up metal walls around the slums (which are across from the Palace)...because the AU summit is going on. Hide the truth.
It is truly sad that on the other side of the pool and hotel walls is the slums...in just a small area over 30 to 40,000 people live. Up to 10 families share 1 kitchen and bathroom all in one small area. It is so, so sad.
Another note...there are horrible things going on in Egypt..praise God that our plans to be there this week were changed!!! God is good! I am so happy that we are far away from the chaos in Egypt! But, am truly sad that it is a scary place right now.

I miss Darren...I would even take the snow storm...I pray that everything would happen quickly and the family could be put together as a whole.
Tomorrow we will go to the Thome again. I can't wait to be at home with our boys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment