Friday, February 18, 2011

The Latest...

Update on Adoption:  No update.  One blessing is that we needed our homestudy update authenticated by the state.  I had taken it with me to Ethiopia...if I had not came home when I did I would have had it in ET and would have either had to come home anyway or would have had to figure out how to get it to Darren to get this process done.  God knew and the timing was perfect.  Within a couple of days of being home we found out we needed this done...Darren was out of town for the week...and so, between taking care of sick kids I went downtown and had it taken care of within 20 minutes.  I overnighted  the papers to AWAA and they had a sweet family (thank you Garrison's) going through D.C. on Saturday that are picking up our homestudy and delivering it to the staff in ET.  Now we are praying that the judge will show favor and move up our next court date...or better yet...just sign off on our papers.  If not our next court date is not until March 15 and then we are looking at another 2 to 4 weeks after that before we can have an Embassy Date...we are praying hard.

Update on Sickness:  Well the last couple of weeks of sickness have been crazy but, I believe are settling down.  Lauren had a very hard time...I think the antibiotics made her very sick. We ended up in urgent care and I was one scared mom.  After a week of Darren being gone and me scooping a lot of "samples" up to take in from both of my kids... their results came and they were negative...Praise the Lord!
They still don't feel well however and now on week 2 of being home Lauren has a horrible cough, low grade fever, and headache...I'm thinking Ozark Allergies...I'll give her a couple of more days and then make a call if needed.  Sigggh.  


I miss our boys terribly...I want our family together forever.  I know it's all in God's timing and I give it to Him.  He knows all and He has this.

February 5 - 6

Our flight home was good.  We had the chance to help a young couple in Germany...first time parents and twins on top of that.  Mom had fallen ill and was having a hard time...very dehydrated.  The kids and I jumped in and changed diapers and helped with them as long as we could.  They ended up having to stay in Germany so she could be seen by a Doctor...happy to report that they did make it home and are settling in to their new life with their sweet boys.

We made it to Chicago and were exhausted.  We rushed to an earlier flight...and they were boarding...we just made it and saved ourselves 7 hours.  Oh...nothing like home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment