Friday, February 18, 2011

February 2-3

Well these last few days have been a blur.  Lauren has now became sick. :(  We finally had to take her to a local hospital to be treated...not what a mom ever wants to have to do in a 3rd world country.  We went around 10:30 at night and thank the Lord that everything was packaged and sterile.  We had to take "samples" and have blood drawn.  Scary night.  She has a bacterial stomach problem and is now on antibiotics.  We didn't have a choice...she was in so much pain.  Praise God it wasn't anything more.

We did get to go see the boys once Lauren's medicine kicked in.  We decided to take the laptop today and watch cars.  G was so excited to watch every part of the laptop boot up.  He would make the funniest faces with each thing it did.  While I was using the mouse to get the movie ready...I felt little fingers on my arm.  It was my sweet 3rd child.  He was studying my freckles and touching each one.  He was stroking my arm.  Oh, my...my heart melted.  He slowly looked up at me and I could see...He was looking in my eyes for love and that I gave him back.  He smiled shyly and continued to stroke my arm.  Wow is all I can say. The kids all got underneath a blanket on the couch with suckers in their mouths and  right then and there I could tell that we were a family.  My kids.  


Later when D got up from his nap he was a wild child.  He was tickling his brother, (Yes, a 19 month old acting so old).  When it was time to feed him his lunch he was so funny.  Lauren and I fed him on the couch and he was climbing all over it...restraints at home will be needed...highchair where are you...lol! He was a hoot!  Laughing and biting the spoon and acting so, so silly.  Every day his personality has shined more and more.  After he ate we all climbed on the couch and wrestling broke out.  G was laying across all of us and we were tickling him...D was one of the main "attackers"...he was so cute.  Next thing we knew he pulled G's shirt up and blew on his belly...is he really only 19 months old.  Then he blew on Lauren and my belly...he wouldn't blow on Corbins...so funny!  There was head locks and lots of laughing as a FAMILY!  I love this new family :) 

The time here in my sweet boys country has not went at all like I had envisioned.  I had this all planned out in my "head".  Instead there has been someone sick since day 1 and now the hospital, really?  It's time to consult with Darren and decide what we should do.  On top of everything else we were just told that MOWA is closed and moving offices and our chances of passing court on the 8th are slim to none.  How long do I wait...really court date # 3?  My heart breaks.

Well...I left it up to Darren and he has booked us tickets for Friday.  It is time to get my kids, (well, 2 of them), back to the states and let them recover...Corbin is still feeling flu like and having stomach issues as well.  Why is this not turning out like I thought it would be?  How will I say goodbye to my 2 sweet boys?
I have a feeling that it's going to be easier on G for us to "not" visit him every day.  He really has struggled.  Our last visit we didn't get him sent back to his house with his friends, (we found out that if he goes with his buddies he goes happy), and when it was time to walk him down...well, he refused.  He was so upset and sat on the curb.  We ended up having to leave him with one of the workers sitting on the curb...It breaks my heart that he takes our leaving so hard. D? Well, he is attaching so well...and leaving this sweet baby is gonna' break me.

No comments:

Post a Comment