Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My GREAT Birthday Present!

Today I got the best birthday present EVER!

We found out that we are Expecting a baby boy from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia!!!! We are soooo....excited. We just got our approval to start the process. What an adventure it's gonna' be!

We are adopting a baby boy around the age of 8 months and younger! In around 12 months we will have a new addition! WOW!

I will post all of my blogs that I've been saving during this process we've been going through. I'm so glad that I kept blogs about our feelings and our thoughts. They will be coming soon.

We were planning on adopting from Rwanda, but the agency said that there are some complications there with adopting and recommended Ethiopia. We knew Africa is where are heart has been for a long time...so, which country we realized didn't really matter!

Please pray for us and this journey...we have a lot to get done in the next few months! And we will be preparing to make not just one trip but, 2 (new rules for Ethiopian adoptions). YIKES! I should have never looked at flights today...it's gonna be some major traveling! And my heart already breaks to think I'll go hold my baby and then have to leave for 8 to 12 weeks before going back to bring him home. How will I ever do it??? God please give me strength!

Dear Ethiopia,
I am praying for you and our baby. I am praying for the mother who will soon carry this baby. To think we are praying for a baby who is not even conceived as of yet. God will have the perfect baby in mind for us I'm sure. Please take care of him...we already love him sooooo...much. He is in our hearts and my heart breaks for his mother and the decision that she must make to give him up. We will pray for your country, for the mother and for our baby. Please take care of him until we can bring him home.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I'm so glad to hear about your exciting present/news! I'm also excited to find out you have a blog; I really enjoy this realm of communication. :-)

    ReplyDelete