Monday, April 19, 2010

Hit the send button.

4/19/2010 -



Dear Ethiopia,

Today I hit the send button. We thought we were hitting the send button to adopt from Rwanda...but, to our surprise God had a different plan. Our application is in and hopefully we will be on our way to meeting you. To meeting your country, your people, and our child/children. I still do not know your rules for adopting more than one baby. We are open and willing if that is what God has in mind.

Last night as I fell asleep...I was already dreaming of beautiful tanned babies. Oh, that's all that was swimming in my mind. You know I told a friend today, "These babies will never look like their daddy, but they do look like their FATHER." These sweet babies made in God's very own image.

As I talked to my friend who has been through this whole international adoption thing, (her daughter is from Russia), I was telling her that I almost threw up and pee'd my pants, (can I say that...lol), all at once today as I finished filling out the online application. It was nice to hear that when she took her app. to the mailbox that she had the exact same feelings. I would start to hit the button and then back off and go back and re-check everything. Yes, there was some hesitation...but, not for long. She said that it was the same for her. Praise God there are those who know the feelings I'm having! She said that it is just like being pregnant and having morning sickness and all. It is true. My stomach has been so messed up today. Oh, how will I handle not just a few days but over a year of this?

I am in love. Just like carrying a child in my womb 3 times now...you fall in love with someone you've never seen. I have realized that it's not a bit different. Amazing!

Ethiopia...as I pray tonight...I will pray for you and your people and the mother of my soon to be child/children. My heart is reaching across the ocean to you. God will have to give me patience, because I know on my own I would have none. I know His timing is perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment