Monday, September 20, 2010

One Month DTE!

One Month DTE!

Well, this 1st month has flown by!  That's exciting for sure!  We are in full swing with so many things in our lives...but, I like it that way!

Friday we went to another Ethiopian "Get-Together".  It was GREAT!  We have enjoyed getting to know some great families with huge hearts for Ethiopia!  We are excited to see how our friendships grow with many we have met!

Do you like all of my Exclamation Points? I think that is just how my life is rolling right now...I'm on overload!  I am amazed by God!  And excited for what is to come for our family!

You know, when we decided to not stop school all summer and work ahead...we thought we knew why.  We were wanting to prepare for our baby/babies to come home and be able to take that time off.  Now, we are thinking it might be for a different reason.  We are working on the idea of the kids and I remaining in Ethiopia instead of Darren & I making 2 trips.  Sounds crazy, huh?  Well, things are falling into place...we just have a few more things to work through.  We have met some GREAT missionaries in Ethiopia and they have offered us to stay with them.  This would be a wonderful time for us to bond with the baby/babies,  for us to be involved with missions, and for Corbin to get a feel for missions (he surrendered to missions this summer at camp).  Some might ask, "How long would you be there?"  If there are no paperwork problems we would be looking at about 3 weeks.  If there is some "hang-ups"...it could be up to 10.  So, we are praying and working on some details!

We'll update everyone and let you know what the decision is soon!

So, what have we been up too?  We bought baby furniture, a car seat, school is in full swing, co-op has started, Awanas is going...what else, what else?  We still have supplies coming in for the orphanages/transitional home...so, exciting!  We have picked out some names...yes, we have!  I think we'll wait a bit to share.  I want to see our babies to make sure the names "fit"!

I'm glad for Fall coming, then Christmas...this time of year we stay busy!  That is good for me right now...the "wait" is killing me :)!  I'm gonna' put up our fall decorations today. Tomorrow is co-op and basketball evaluations for Corbin...basketball will be a GREAT distraction.  Then we have Thanksgiving around the corner and CHRISTMAS!

As we wait I will continue to buy and pre-pack for this trip!  I want things in order so I'm not rushing last minute!  And let me tell you...the list is loooooonnnnng!!!  Between the 4 of us going and 3 of us staying long term and packing for baby/babies to be with long term...oh, my :)!!!

Well, enough rambling from this mom!  More updates to come!  We are thinking another 3 to 4 months before referral!  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment