Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Kids hearts desire!

My Kids Hearts Desire!

You know you always hope as a parent that your kids will grow up to do something great for the Lord. But, sometimes we forget that they can do something right now.
Isn't that an awesome thing!

When Corbin came to me with his desire to raise money for the orphanage and America World's transition homes where his baby/babies brother/sister will come from...I thought wow...they are not to young to do something big.

I pray that many will give to this project. Along with giving to the supplies side of things they are wanting to travel to Ethiopia on our 1st trip over and deliver the supplies themselves. What a way for their hearts to be forever changed. This could be the trip where God shows them their purpose in this world.

Will you help? We feel blessed that we have most of our money to complete our adoption...it's not a cheap process (25,000 to 40,000...depending on airfare and 1 or 2 babies). But, taking the kids is an extra expense that we were not prepared for. We still have bed's, baby stuff, dr. visits, etc. that will be coming with this new extension to our family. But, we know that God will supply the money if this is what He wants.

To the right you will see the paypal button. You can specify in "notes" how you want the money distributed (if only for supplies, if 1/2 to each, or just to their trip).




On a personal note...just being out there and honest. I never thought it would be so hard to ask for "friends" to give to our kids. I feel almost embarrassed...but, I know that if you don't ask, you don't receive. And as with selling those "girl scout cookies" parents can be relentless to help their child have the biggest sale so they can win the bike...so, I have to get over being embarrassed and remember that the more that give the more orphans will have supplies!
I just pray that our friends will come through. I'm feeling like the kids are asking and friends are just hitting the delete button, (thanks to those who have gave). We've just had little response as of now. I guess I'm just surprised. Darren is just a natural giver and he'll buy anything and more than one many times from any kid for any reason. I just think of buying "trash bags" for a school fundraiser...trash bags really? lol, entertainment books, coupon things we've never used...over and over and over for school fundraiser's...I just didn't think this would be so hard. It's interesting. So, I have just gave it to God.

I am praying that we will have a huge success and our kids won't doubt the power of friends and community coming together. They are so hopeful. I heard the statement yesterday, "I know we'll get the money...look at all your friends we've contacted, we know they'll give." I pray that is true. :)

Anyway...I'm proud of them and pray that this experience will change them forever!

I also am praying for all of those raising money for their adoption...I can't imagine the stress of trying to accomplish their goal of tens of thousands. I don't know how they can stand the worry and stress. Praying friends :)

God will bless those who give...after all it's giving to the fields of the fatherless. Aren't we just so blessed to have families unlike so many in Ethiopia and other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment